Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 2004 17:01:43 -0400
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: esd.conf overwritten when port is upgraded?

Torfinn,

> upgraded the port, and noticed that it overwrote the config file

It has been doing that for a while.

> Is this correct behaviour?

Nope, quite the opposite.

Installing a $config.default and optionally copying to $config if it does
not already exist is preferable, even correct.

> Or should I report it to the port maintainer?

It has been brought up before, but since it's still broken, I'd be in
favour.

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |