Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:44:44 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Marcos Hiroshi Umino <japa@mhu.eti.br>
Subject:   Re: ECS/PCChips G713 - PCI problems

On Monday 28 June 2004 01:21 am, Marcos Hiroshi Umino wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:38:08 -0400
>
> John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >>   pciconf -lv returns *NO* data, no error message, nothing. It simply
> >> returns to the prompt. I see no data on /dev/pci. Booting with ACPI
> >> to >>gather pci device table. Booting without ACPI tells me some unknown
> >> PNP devices weren't enabled.
> >
> > Can you write down the exact error message you get telling you to reboot?
>
>   Yes, here it is:
>
> Booting from FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE instalation CD:
>
>   - With ACPI enabled:
> <...>
> acpi0: <AMIInst SiS740XX> on motherboard
> pci_open(1):	mode 1 addr port(0x0cf8) is 0xff001047
> pci_open(2):	mode 2 enable port(0cf8) is 0xff
> panic: AcpiOsDerivePciId unable to initialize pci bus
> cpuid = 0;
> Uptime: 1s
> (Auto reboot request)

This is the message I need.  It looks like the kernel doesn't think you have
PCI at all.  Hmm, it seems that you have a buggy BIOS or some such.  The high
bit of 0xcf8 is always supposed to be clear I believe.  I'll have to wait
until next week when I can get to my PCI book.  You can try forcing the check
for CONF1 to succeed in sys/i386/pci/pci_cfgreg.c.