Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 2004 16:34:16 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Subject:   Re: how to enable audio in the ThinkPad 600E...

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 02:16:33PM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:10:44 -0500
> > From: Jon Drews <jon.drews@gmail.com>
> > Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
> >
> > Hi Gary:
> >
> > It may be that you will have to use FreeBSD 4.10 instead of 5.2.1. I
> > had a 600E with FreeBSD 4.9 on it and it worked great. My parents now
> > use it.
> >

> As the port maintainer for mwavem, I an promise that it will NOT work
> for V5. The driver module requires a major re-work which I don't have
> the resources to work on.
>
> If someone else is willing to jump in, let me know.

	Yeah, and besides, I'm moved to an all 5*-STABLE network
	here.  This brings up something I've been stumbling over
	and wuld apprecitte some insghtson fixing:  What string
	do I put into stable-supfile to gt the latest 5.2.1?

	I have RELENG_5_2 right now, but my scripts don't seem to pull
	in the latest/greatest files.  Anybody know what I'm
	stumbling over?

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix