Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:05:33 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        sos@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of 4-STABLE branch.

alexander <arundel@h3c.de> writes:

> As far as I know there will be another 4.11-RELEASE. Doesn't this mean
> that patches should still be comitted to the source tree?
>
> I reported a problem a few weeks ago. LBA48 support for the Promise
> UDMA100 controller (PDC20265) seems to be broken. It's not a big problem
> to fix it, because it looks as if some previous patch got abandoned
> during a recent version change of some ata files.
>
> Here's the PR, btw:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dkern/69009

Time to find a new ata maintainer for FreeBSD 4 perhaps?

S=F8ren may not have the resources (time, interest, funds) of supporting
multiple trees at the same time -- however, leaving the bug open and
unassign it would have been the right thing to do.

--=20
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)