Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:35:26 -0500
From:      Dan Kilbourne <bsd-lists@netophilia.net>
To:        Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@ub.edu.bz>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding non-kernels to boot-loader

Nathan Kinkade extolled:

I would agree, but I am looking for more of an out of the box solution. We have a couple thousand servers, several hundred of them running FreeBSD. I want our build team to be able to simply install memtest as a bootloader option so that any time a machine needs to be tested, it can be without having to be removed from the rack. Currently we install the kernel-image-like version of it on all of our Linux boxen with no problems, I just need to figure out how to do it for FreeBSD. As for removable media, our machines are not built with CDs or floppies - everything is generally done via a network installer we have hooked up, so removable media is not an option.

--
___
Dan