Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2005 16:51:11 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Rob Swindell <rob@synchro.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/75510: panic: kmem_malloc(4096): kmem_map too small

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 07:50:32AM +0000, Rob Swindell wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR misc/75510; it has been noted by GNATS.
>=20
> From: "Rob Swindell" <rob@synchro.net>
> To: <freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org>,
> 	"Rob Swindell" <rob@synchro.net>
> Cc: =20
> Subject: Re: misc/75510: panic: kmem_malloc(4096): kmem_map too small
> Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:57:05 -0800
>=20
>  Here's another capture of netstat -m (shortly before the panic), top (at=
 the
>  time of the panic), /var/crash/info and vmcore kgdb backtrace.
> =20
>  [devil:~]# netstat -m
>  162 mbufs in use
>  33/4800 mbuf clusters in use (current/max)
>  0/3/1456 sfbufs in use (current/peak/max)
>  106 KBytes allocated to network
>  0 requests for sfbufs denied
>  0 requests for sfbufs delayed
>  0 requests for I/O initiated by sendfile
>  105 calls to protocol drain routines

That doesn't seem to be pointing to an mbuf leak (I don't know if it
would have the same failure mode anyway).

The following sysctls should be relevant (your values will of course
be much less):
=20
vm.kvm_free: 264237056
vm.kvm_size: 1069543424
vm.kmem_size_max: 419430400
vm.kmem_size: 419430400

If you're sure this is a smbfs problem, then we should change the PR
title so that a future smbfs maintainer will notice it (smbfs is
effectively unmaintained in freebsd thesedays)

Kris

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua--