Date:      Tue, 09 Mar 2004 17:41:07 +0100
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        DanielFFM@gmx.net
Cc:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: My Problem Report i386/63871: Kernel Panic after 1h0m15s

DanielFFM@gmx.net writes:
> However, the dates make me wondering :-) This is how I came to the
> idea it may be new: The option was missing in my kernel-config, as I
> was using a modified GENERIC from a 5.0.whatever version. It came in
> to my focus, while comparing a 5.2.1 GENERIC to my "modified
> GENERIC" which was happily panic'ing.

des@dwp ~% cd /sys/conf
des@dwp /sys/conf% cvs annotate files.i386 | grep pmtimer

Annotations for files.i386
***************
1.329        (iwasaki  14-Sep-00): i386/isa/pmtimer.c           optional   =
    pmtimer
des@dwp /sys/conf% cd ../i386/conf
des@dwp /sys/i386/conf% ncvs annotate GENERIC | grep pmtimer

Annotations for GENERIC
***************
1.291        (imp      15-Nov-00): device               pmtimer

> I took a non-modified very original GENERIC (from CVS-tag
> RELENG_5_2_1_RELEASE), just commented out the "device pmtimer" ->
> Kernel panic after 1h0m15s.

Unfortunately, your PR does not provide enough information to even
start tracking this down, and what little information it does contain
is misformatted to the point of illegibility.

The handbook and FAQ both contain information on debugging kernel
panics (such as what information is required and how to obtain it).
Also, the comments at the top of the send-pr template contain the URL
of a document which describes how to file a good problem report.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no