Date:      Fri, 27 May 2005 13:29:46 -0400
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9-Philippe_Paquet?= <appaquet@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using a logitech mx700 with scrollwheel _and_ thumb buttons

My MX500 is working just fine. Here what I do:

   - Install imwheel (/usr/ports/x11/imwheel)=20

   - Add this to ~/.imwheelrc=20

".*"
None, Up, Alt_L|Left,1
None, Down, Alt_L|Right,1

"(null)"
None, Up, Alt_L|Left,1
None, Down, Alt_L|Right,1
=20

   - In my x.org <http://x.org/>; file.. For the InputDevice section:=20

Option "Buttons" "7"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
=20
   - Finaly, I run these two commands on Xwindows start:=20

imwheel -b "67" &
xmodmap -e "pointer =3D 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"

 It works #1 with my logitech MX500 mouse (I tested on xfce4 and kde). The=
=20
only problem I have is that my app button is not working but I wasn't using=
=20
it in windows anyway so I don't need it. The tumbs buttons are working #1 i=
n=20
Firefox and Konqueror.

Andr=E9-Philippe Paquet