Date:      Sun, 05 Jun 2005 10:34:29 +0100
From:      Robert Slade <robert@bathnetworks.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.4 & Xwindows

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 08:45, delta.ski@verizon.net wrote:
> On Sunday 05 June 2005 12:52 am, Robert Slade wrote:
>

> > With Vesa I get an error driver not found. The only other option is to
> > use ATI which does load, but I get a waring re the PCI bus ID and then a
> > fatal error. Looking at it with Windows it seems to use 2 bus ID's 1:0:0
> > and 1:0:1.
> >
> > > Now the fun part. If you look in Xorg.conf, you will see the screen
>

> > I'll go and tinker some more tomorrow.
> >
> > Rob

> Rob
>
> Could you please do the following and forward the results:
>
> dmesg
>
> Don

Don,

Many thanks. I have tried mailing you but verizon are refusing my mail
as they have not 'approved' me. I am somewhat anoyed by this as I have
got a number of phishing mails from verizon customers overnight.

I wont copy the dmesg to the list as it is quite big etc.

I have been doing some reading up on this. It looks like the card has 2
busids one for the main card and the 2nd for some of the memory. I'm
probably going to switch off the card in the BIOS and put another one in
- NVIDA? The board does have an 'external' AGP slot.

Rob