Date:      Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:06:06 +0200
From:      Diego 'Flameeyes' =?utf-8?q?Petten=C3=B2?= <flameeyes@gentoo.org>
To:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fwip, Linux and NFS

--nextPart1581585.YQ8bp5KDqD

On Sunday 12 June 2005 20:50, Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten=C3=B2 wrote:
> I think the problem is with FBSD because it works fine connecting the same
> Linux box to the iBook with OSX 10.4.
I'm afraid the problem can be an incompatibility between FreeBSD's and Linu=
x's=20
firewire implementation. In csr.c source file from Linux kernel, I can see=
=20
this:

        case CSR_STATE_CLEAR:
                /* FIXME FIXME FIXME */
                printk("doh, someone wants to mess with state clear\n");
                out;
        case CSR_STATE_SET:
                printk("doh, someone wants to mess with state set\n");
                out;

and the "someone wants to mess with state set" is one messages I receive on=
=20
the Linux side.
I'll try to find out what that means but I'm not a firewire expert :/

=2D-=20
Diego "Flameeyes" Petten=C3=B2
Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)

http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/