Date:      Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:53:30 -0400
From:      Steve Rieger <steve.rieger@tbwachiat.com>
To:        Brian Candler <B.Candler@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FATAL:  erealloc():  Unable to allocate 577925121 bytes

On Sep 27, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Brian Candler wrote:

>> as far as i can see i am not doing anything wrong, then why cant i
>> download a 551 MB file
>>

> Now, I can never remember how to increase this, and I always have
> to rummage
> around the kernel source code. Ah yes, it's
>
> options     MAXDSIZ=(1024UL*1024*1024)
>
> in the kernel configuration. See /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES

$ ulimit -a
cpu time               (seconds, -t)  unlimited
file size           (512-blocks, -f)  unlimited
data seg size           (kbytes, -d)  524288
stack size              (kbytes, -s)  65536
core file size      (512-blocks, -c)  unlimited
max memory size         (kbytes, -m)  unlimited
locked memory           (kbytes, -l)  unlimited
max user processes              (-u)  5547
open files                      (-n)  11095
virtual mem size        (kbytes, -v)  unlimited
sbsize                   (bytes, -b)  unlimited

ok now to change

thanx