Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:52:58 +0800
From:      Jiawei Ye <leafy7382@gmail.com>
To:        Craig Boston <craig@yekse.gank.org>, Jiawei Ye <leafy7382@gmail.com>,  FreeBSD - Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why does security/amavisd-new depend on db3?

On 11/15/05, Craig Boston <craig@yekse.gank.org> wrote:
> Haven't seen this one particularly, but I do often see wrong
> dependencies get registered somehow.  I haven't been bothered enough by
> it to track it down; just pkgdb -F every once in a while...
>
> For, example, even though I use security/krb5, everything that uses
> Kerberos ends up with a dependency on security/heimdal.  I think it's
> because LIB_DEPENDS finds a library that already exists (libkrb5.so) and
> blindly registers a dependency on the port that it think installed it,
> even though it came from somewhere else.
>
> BDB, on the other hand, shouldn't have that problem since the shared
> library versions are different between db3 and db4.  You don't by chance
> have both installed?  Though even then WITH_BDB_VER should add the
> correct dep.
I removed bdb3 quite a while ago and installed only bdb 4x.

> It could be a problem with recursive dependencies.  How are you setting
> WITH_BDB_VER?
>
> Craig
I put these switches in pkgtools.conf and pm20.conf. Both complain
about the dependancy on bdb3. portupgrade problem can be hacked around
by using pkgdb -F, but portmanager currently chokes on it.

Jiawei
--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming