Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2006 08:43:50 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Jo Rhett <jrhett@svcolo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gvinum in 6.0-rel -- how to attach plexes?

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

[This is definitly not the right list for questions about software
RAID.  Try -geom instead.]

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 05:10:46PM -0800, Jo Rhett wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 12:14:32AM -0800, Jo Rhett wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 09:50:17AM +0300, Michael Lednev wrote:
> > > throw gvinum away asap and use something different (gmirror/ata raid)
> > >=20
> > > seriously, you can try to delete all disks, volumes and plexes and th=
en =20
> > > recreate them with gvinum create - that worked for me
> > =20
> > I need the data.  Obviously vinum is apparently useless for bare metal
> > recovery, so I won't use it again.  But I need the data from these driv=
es.

I'm fairly certain that doing re-running the identical set of gvinum
create commands, if done with care will result in updating the meta-data
while preserving the actual data assuming your talking about RAID 0, 1,
or 0+1/1+0.

-- Brooks

--=20

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw