Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:10:25 +0200
From:      Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Panic

--ZInfyf7laFu/Kiw7

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 07:47:32PM +0100, Robert Watson wrote:
>=20
>=20
> It looks like there is a problem with the stack trace from kgdb.  Is ther=
e=20
> any chance your kernel and kernel.debug are out of sync?

Today I removed DDB and GDB from the kernel, because with it no kernel
dumps were created. To build it, i used -DNO_CLEAN. Can this cause the
kernel to get out of sync with kernel.debug?

> Does this box have a serial port?  If so, you might want to try setting u=
p=20
> a serial console for it with a null modem cable to an adjacent box.  DDB=
=20
> may be able to get a more reliable stack trace than the kernel dump.  Loo=
ks=20
> like a bug in some or another sysctl handler -- a stack trace from DDB ma=
y=20
> be sufficient to debug it without a working core.

Unfortunately no. It is a notebook without serial ports. It has a
IEE1394 Port which could be used with DDB but I don't have a second box
with Firewire.
I also have a new kernel dump which shows gkrellm as current process.
Can it still be a bug in sysctl? current process. Can it still be a bug
in sysctl?=20

--=20
Lars Engels
E-Mail: lars.engels@0x20.net =09