Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2006 21:34:03 +0200
From:      Markus Brueffer <markus@brueffer.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, eol1@yahoo.com
Cc:        Alexandre Sunny Kovalenko <Alex.Kovalenko@verizon.net>
Subject:   Re: External USB Numpad

--nextPart1312043.jzhcEBnhiQ

On Monday 10 July 2006 08:15, Peter Thoenen wrote:
> > You have not provided any useful information (FreeBSD version, make
> > of the numpad, details of "not workiing"
>
> FreeBSD 6.1. p1 i386
> Numpad is a: Amarina, Model: PAVAMA00001B
>
> Not working as in I plug it in, the power light on it doesn't light up
> and typing on it doesn't work.
>
> dmesg output is:
>
> uhid0: vendor 0x1241 product 0x1203, rev 2.00/2.30, addr 3, iclass 3/1
> uhid1: vendor 0x1241 product 0x1203, rev 2.00/2.30, addr 3, iclass 3/1
>
> {Which I find odd as I am unsure why it shows up twice when I plug it
> in once}
>
> Kernel is:
>
> # USB support
> device      uhci        # UHCI PCI->USB interface
> device      ohci        # OHCI PCI->USB interface
> device      ehci        # EHCI PCI->USB Interface
> device      usb     # USB Bus (required)
> #device     udbp        # USB Double Bulk Pipe devices
> device      ugen        # Generic
> device      uhid        # "Human Interface Devices"
> device      ulpt        # USB Printer
> device      umass       # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
> device      ums     # Mouse
> device      ucom        # USB serial support
> # USB support for Belkin F5U103 and compatible serial adapters
> device          ubsa
> # USB support for BWCT console serial adapters
> device          ubser
> # USB support for serial adapters based on the FT8U100AX and FT8U232AM
> device          uftdi
> # USB support for Prolific PL-2303 serial adapters
> device          uplcom
>
> > man kbdmux

Add ukbd(4) and kbdmux(4) to your kernel config or load them as modules=20
in /boot/loader.conf. At least one of the hid devices should attach to=20
ukbd(4). You can see what the other one has to offer with usbhidctl(1):

# usbhidctl -f /dev/uhidX -r

This gives you the report descriptor of the device which you might want to=
=20
post here.

Markus

=2D-=20