Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 2007 00:39:27 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Alexander Leidinger" <Alexander@leidinger.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: some patches to improve some gnome ports

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 13:47:03 -0600, Alexander Leidinger
<Alexander@Leidinger.net> wrote:

> Quoting "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net> (Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:58:21
> -0600):
>
>> On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 09:08:24 -0600, Alexander Leidinger
>> <Alexander@Leidinger.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > at http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/port-patches/ I have some patches
>> > which also affect some gnome@ maintained ports.
>> >
>> >  -
>> databases:libgda:files:patch-providers_gda-mysql-server_connection.c:
>> >    * unbreaks with a recent gcc (3.4 on -current), important, without
>> it
>> >      I get a buildfailure
>> >  - databases:libgda2.diff:
>> >    * adds a conflict with libgda-0.*, because of at least gda-run
>> >    * adds a message for FIREBIRD support
>> >  - databases:libgda.diff:
>> >    * adds a conflict with libgda2, because of at least gda-run
>>
>> Approved with all of above. Thanks!
>
> Committed (With appropriate PORTREVISION bumps).
>
>> >    * adds support for more DBs (I did this some months ago, lib
>> >      versions may not be right anymore)
>>
>> Umm... I am not sure if it's right. Have you re-check the plist yet? If
>
> No. Do you think it will change?

Yes, so far from what I read in the tarball. It shows that it will
installing bin/gda-mysql-srv,
share/gnome/oaf/GNOME_GDA_Provider_MySQL.oaf, lib/libgda-mysql.so (unsure
on path) and maybe more for enable MySQL support..

> So far I didn't noticed (no message
> about plist problems on pkg_deinstall) anything (it should be compiled
> with mysql 3.23 support on the machine I did this), but I didn't

You won't see any of error because it is not in plist. :-)

/me hops in bed soon...

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)