Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2007 12:57:01 +0100
From:      Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft@gmx.net>
To:        Martin Dieringer <martin.dieringer@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: M-Audio Transit experiments

--Boundary-00=_Oe9+FFDpRIBnnyQ

On Saturday 17 March 2007 10:27:04 Martin Dieringer wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Stefan Ehmann wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 01:43 +0100, Stefan Ehmann wrote:
> >> I was trying to get my M-audio Transit to work today.
> >>
> >> Basically it should be a standard USB audio device, but it needs to load
> >> a firmware first.
> >>
> >> For linux, there's madfuload available here:
> >> http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/
> >>
> >> After modifying a few lines (taken from libusb), the firmware seemed to
> >> be downloaded correctly.
>
> Could you give some details on what you had to change or mail the
> source?

I was waiting for some help for proper attachment of the device and then make
a port out of it (or maybe this belongs into the kernel). Having to unload
usb really is a botch.

If I don't get any replies here, I probably should try the usb list.

Anyway, if you want to play around, the patch is attached. Forget about the
autotools stuff for now and simply compile the madfuload.c file.

Then you can invoke madfuload something like this:
./madfuload -l -3 -f ma006100.bin -D /dev/ugen0

After unloading all usb modules and kldload snd_uaudio you should see the
device.

Stefan

--Boundary-00=_Oe9+FFDpRIBnnyQ--