Date:      Thu, 24 May 2007 13:07:11 +0200
From:      Christoph Schug <chris+freebsd-hardware@schug.net>
To:        jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compaq proliant 1850r

On Tue, May 15, 2007, jonathan michaels wrote:

> i have recently aquired a compaq proliant 1850r it has 640 mb dram (i
> hape to upgrade this to 4 gb, if this is possible) a PIII 600 mhz cpu
> (this to be replace by a pair of xeon 550 mhz PIII, again if possible)
[...]
> currently it has a problem, freebsd boots and reports all as it shout,
> except for an acpi error and an RSVD error bad checksum error (224) ??

Have you tried to disable ACPI? In the boot loader menu choose to boot
without ACPI. To make this permanent, add

hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"

to /boot/loader.conf (it's likely that this file does not exist in your
case, so just create it).

In general, the 1850R should work with FreeBSD 6.2/i386 as I had such a
box up and running til several weeks ago.

-cs