Date:      Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:34:05 -0500
From:      Leonard Lilla <leonard_lilla@gmx.net>
To:        "'Heiko Wundram (Beenic)'" <wundram@beenic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: install

The ("lower ranks" of the) FreeBSD audience generally have a much more
mature view on this. They're very helpful, if you ask them questions you
might have, but they don't see it as an evangelical mission to keep you =
with
"their"=20
system, because they don't need you to look up to them. If you like it, =
be
our guest and stay, if you don't, leave at your leisure. If you ask, be
aware that we're all just acquaintances here, so don't overdo your =
welcome
by being rude or taking the arm when all you're given is the little =
finger.

This is not an elitist attitude, it's simply the grown-up thing to do.
FreeBSD for most of us simply is a tool to get a job done (and a hell of =
good tool at that for me), and not some kind of pissing-contest between
youths. If you look at the "higher ranks" of the Linux developers, =
you'll
see the same
phenomenon: Linux is a means to an end, and probably besides ESR, for =
most
of them not a holy mission.

Absolutely, and that is what I had heard about your community and that =
is
what I wanted to find out. I wanted to get away from children, childish
behavior, and poor attitude and non-standardized environment most open
source Linux have become. Again, this is very, very pleasant and I will
assure you that I will not over step my boundaries again.

	Thank you for the invite,

	L=E9onard Lilla