Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:10:39 +0200
From:      "David Naylor" <blackdragon@highveldmail.co.za>
To:        "Rong-En Fan" <rafan@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: broken buildkernel (scsi_low and -Os) and duplicate manpages

On 13/02/2008, Rong-En Fan <rafan@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 10:52:50AM +0100, Christian Brueffer wrote:
>  > On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 11:15:29AM +0200, David Naylor wrote:
>  > > Hi,
>  > >
>  > > When doing an installworld DEST=? it fails twice when trying to
>  > > install duplicate man pages:
>  > > 1) lib/ncurses/ncurses: tputs.3
>  > > 2) share/man/man9: rman_fini.9
>  > >
>  >
>  > The rman_fini.9 one was a mistake, I've just fixed it.  Thanks!  rafan@
>  > (CCed) did the last few ncurses updates.  Rong-En, could you take a look
>  > at the tputs.3 issue?
>

> Interesting, I actually use installworld w/ DESTDIR, but it does not
>  fail. Nevertheless, I have just removed the duplicate one (actually,
>  both curs_terminfo and curs_termcap has tputs.3. As we use termcap
>  in base, so I just removed the one links to curs_terminfo).
It is a strange problem, normal installworld works fine, but somehow
the duplicate manpages result in a failure when installing with
DESTDIR=, here are some possible reasons:

1) I use tmpfs when using DESTDIR (could be tmpfs does something strange)
2) Base system (compiled and installed) is compiled using -O2???

It could just be the digital gremlin, that lives in my house (he has
already claimed a harddrive and laptop adapter... :-)

David