Date:      Tue, 27 May 2008 18:58:01 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and LLVM

On May 27, 2008, at 6:33 PM, Brooks Davis wrote:

>>> You probably know about the clang project, which tries to completely
>>> replace the gcc parts needed for llvm-gcc ...
>>
>> Yes. I haven't looked at it yet. It doesn't seem to be in Ports
>> yet. Any
>> takers? ;-)
>
> Unless you make an evil port that does a checkout of last nights
> sources
> from svn, there isn't much point today.  Chris Latner said it would
> probably be ready to start publishing snapshots in 3-6 months (i.e.
> llvm
> 2.4 or 2.5).  I'd like to whip one up, but haven't yet.

BTW: I'm working on LLVM directly. I'm keeping track of FreeBSD
support here:
	http://wiki.freebsd.org/LowLevelVirtualMachine

What I'd like to have is some nightly automation that does the
testing across all platforms.

We could create nightly snapshots as part of the automation and
create a port that installs the latest snapshot?

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt@mac.com