Date:      Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:29:19 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Edwin Groothuis" <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Peter Thoenen <peter.thoenen@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Seg Fault: Xchat (on run)

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 20:10:26 -0500, Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org> =
 =

wrote:

>> Not which list to post this to so figured I would start here.  The
>> problem I have am is xchat segfaults on me right after I start it.  D=
id
>> not have the problem on 6.2 or 6.3 but doesn't seem to like 7.0-BETA4=

>> ... anybody have any ideas?
>
> Rebuild lang/perl5.8 with WITHOUT_PERL_MALLOC=3D1 in your /etc/make.co=
nf
> and it works fine then.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-perl/2008-March/001790.html

Read the follow up, tobez has checked it out and gave a bit details of  =

debug. I don't know what happened to it. He must be busy or something  =

else. I am hoping that Perl 5.10 (dunno when will going in ports tree)  =

might has no problem.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Edwin