Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:34:38 +0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        John Kozubik <john@kozubik.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: It's 2008.  1 TB disk drives cost $160.  Quotas are 32-bit.

John Kozubik <john@kozubik.com> writes:
> I can do this.  It would take me 4x as long and would require auditing
> and corrections greater than or equal to the time it takes (for instance)
> someone like you to do it.
> [...]
> We forget that this community is a marketplace because most transactions
> are based on goodwill only.  It shouldn't be surprising that an offer of
> something more than goodwill is accompanied by something more than meek
> suggestion.

I don't get it.  Do you think that just because you put money on the
table - of your own free will, without anyone asking you to do so - you
get to order us around?

Besides, do you think anyone is impressed by the sum you're offering?
At my usual rate, it would buy you around five hours of my time.

If you want someone you can order around, hire them, pay them real
money, and *then* tell them what to do; but as long as you want them to
work for free (or as close as makes no difference), you'll have to stick
to meek suggestions.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no