Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:46:50 -0600
From:      John Hein <jhein@timing.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        arm@freebsd.org, ticso@cicely.de
Subject:   Re: loadable drivers

M. Warner Losh wrote at 11:25 -0600 on Oct 15, 2008:
 > There's issue with loading usb drivers because it was never designed
 > for that...  Some drivers work, others don't.

I remember that, but I wonder why it works okay on x86.

Hmmm... now that I check it again, it seems it only works on x86 if
the ko is specified to be loaded in loader.conf (even if ugen is
compiled out and not loaded).  Loading it later after boot makes the
uftdi_match fail.  So that explains why it doesn't work on arm (no
loader support for loading .ko's) at all.

Ah... it also works if it's loaded at boot, unloaded later, then
reloaded.