Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 2008 09:28:47 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tangoGPS && FreeBSD 7.0

El día Tuesday, November 04, 2008 a las 05:35:59PM +0100, Fabian Keil escribió:

> > tangoGPS compiled and works just fine in FreeBSD, just the usual way:
> >
> > ./configure
> > make
> > make install
>
> Good to know. Are you already working on a port?

I could and will do that by the end of the year in my free days around
the change of the year;

> > it needs a gps daemon which is in the ports, and you need some GPS
> > device RS232 or USB based and the web pages of gpsd have a long list
> > of compatibel devices, for sure not all tested with FreeBSD; will see if
> > I could check some out in the near future;
>
> I was thinking about running tangoGPS on FreeBSD and
> connecting it to the gpsd already running on the Freerunner.

Yes, this works very nice; but for folks without a FR there should be
choices as well, i.e. a small list of GPS gadgets which work with
FreeBSD USB drivers;

Concerning gpsd running on the FR, I encounter that tangoGPS tries to connect
to 127.0.0.1 and not to the configured host 192.168.0.202; you have to
press the GPSD button in tangoGPS config page to make it connect to the
remote host; will check the sources for this bug/feature...

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH