Date:      Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:26:58 +0000
From:      Matt Burke <mattblists@icritical.com>
To:        Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7.1-RELEASE I/O hang

Kostik Belousov wrote:
> Compile ddb into the kernel, and do "ps" from the ddb prompt. If there
> are processes hung in the "nbufkv" state, then the patch below might
> help.

The bonnie++ processes are in state "newbuf" and other hung processes
(bash, newly forked sshds, etc) appear to be in the "ufs" state.

The patch appears to have no effect, although at the last hang I did see
one of the bonnie++ processes in "nbufkv" state. This could be coincidental.

The problem also exhibits itself when running a parallel bonnie++ on a
single array, both with the onboard PERC6/i and the PERC6/e. I have no
access to other controllers.