Date:      Thu, 5 Mar 2009 08:43:32 -0600
From:      Octavian Covalschi <octavian.covalschi@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spin down HDD after disk sync or before power off

I think just HDD parking won't harm HDD, as my prev HDD was autoparking
constantly (safe or powersave reasons).
However in my case, I can hear a sound that is made by a vibration, it's
like plates are slowing down and something is vibrating (arm?).

It's kind the same with desktop PC, when your power is cut and your HDD are
stopped too sudden.

Thanks.