Date:      Fri, 05 Jun 2009 16:51:44 +0200
From:      Josef Moellers <josef.moellers@ts.fujitsu.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Failure to get past a PCI bridge

Hello,

Thanks for the help!

John Baldwin wrote:
> On Friday 05 June 2009 5:17:25 am Josef Moellers wrote:
>
>> Difficult, since I can't boot properly.
>> However, I have managed to get the dsdt using a SuSE Linux and have run
>> that through acpidump -d on a 7.2 running on a XEN virtual machine.
>> Here's the result.
>>

> Hmm, your BIOS is certainly hosed.  First, it does have separate processor
> objects:
[...]

I'll show this to our BIOS people. When I talked to them before, they
claimed that everything were OK, since the OSes we support do come up
properly.
> PCI bus 254, and pcib2 has PCI bus 0).  Try this:

[...]
That will be difficult, because I'd have to rebuild the installation CD
from scratch.
But I guess fixing the problem is better that building a work-around for it.

Have a nice weekend,

Josef

--
These are my personal views and not those of Fujitsu Technology Solutions!
Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FTS)