Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:26:24 +0200
From:      "Aitor San Juan" <asanjuan@bolsabilbao.es>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NFS : -alldirs requested but is not a filesystem mountpoint

Hello List,

I have a FreeBSD 5.4 (yes a bit old), and I'm just using it as a NFS
server.

The server has got a filesystem located at /data

This local filesystem has several subdirectories, and I'd like these
subdirectories to be visible to a client host, but not all as a whole.

This is the hierarchy at /data:

/data/bulletins/nfs_bulls
/data/bulletins/etc/ftpmotd <-- this is only for FTP's ftpchroot config
/data/taxes/docs
/data/taxes/etc/ftpmotd     <-- this is only for FTP's ftpchroot config

The data to be visible is under /data/bulletins/nfs_bulls (and all its
subdirectories) and /data/taxes/docs (and all its subdirectories)

As the content of both directories has nothing to do with each other,
I'd like them to be "independently" exported. Thus, a client needing
access to these data should issue 2 mount's for each data. I don't want
both directories to be visible with just one mount.

This is what I've coded in my /etc/exports

/data/bulletins/nfs_bulls  -alldirs  -ro  -network MyNet  -mask
255.255.255.0
/data/taxes/docs           -alldirs  -ro  -network MyNet  -mask
255.255.255.0

And this is what syslog says:

-alldirs requested but /data/bulletins/nfs_bulls is not a filesystem
mountpoint
bad exports list line /data/bulletins/nfs_bulls  -alldirs  -ro  -network
MyNet  -mask 255.255.255.0

-alldirs requested but /data/taxes/docs is not a filesystem mountpoint
bad exports list line /data/taxes/docs  -alldirs  -ro  -network MyNet
-mask 255.255.255.0

Reading through etc/exports(5) and having seen those error messages, I
think I should create another separate filesystem on my server. However,
I haven't got any space left for another slice.

Is it possible to somehow accomplish what I want in this scenario?

Many thanks in advance.

************ LEGEZKO OHARRA / AVISO LEGAL / LEGAL ADVICE *************=20
Mezu honek isilpeko informazioa gorde dezake, edo jabea duena, edota =
legez babestuta dagoena. Zuri zuzendua ez bada, bidali duenari esan eta =
ezabatu, inori berbidali edo gorde gabe, legeak debekatzen duelako =
mezuak erabiltzea baimenik gabe.=20
-
Este mensaje puede contener informacion confidencial, en propiedad o =
legalmente protegida. Si usted no es el destinatario, le rogamos lo =
comunique al remitente y proceda a borrarlo, sin reenviarlo ni =
conservarlo, ya que su uso no autorizado esta prohibido legalmente.
-
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged =
information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, =
please notify it to the sender and delete without resending or backing =
it, as it is legally prohibited.
*