Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 2009 08:01:54 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/138872: www/epiphany doesn't work when WITH_GECKO=libxul

> Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 08:00:15 GMT
> From: Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
>
> The following reply was made to PR ports/138872; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
> To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: ports/138872: www/epiphany doesn't work when WITH_GECKO=libxul
> Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:24:57 +1000
>
>  Still broken for me, I'm afraid.  I had uninstalled firefox2
>  before I installed libxul, but this weekend I uninstalled
>  firefox3, and removed (I think) all trace of foxes from my
>  system, then reinstalled libxul and epiphany and it still breaks
>  as per the original bug submission.  I even moved my .mozilla
>  directory aside: no change.

Other possibilities come to mind. seamonkey and thunderbird. Old copies
of these include old gecko header files. The other is some old header
that is still hanging around the system. These can be hard to track
down...very hard.

The only real answer is to remove all ports, delete everything in
/usr/local, and reinstall. This is not hard, but VERY time consuming. At
over 1000 ports installed on my laptop and it being an old 2 GHz
uniprocessor, it can take quite a while.

I, too, am looking forward to 2.28 and all that comes with it, but I am
resigned to having issues with the upgrade. Gnome is just so big and
complex that it is hard to make an upgrade go completely smoothly for
every system.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)