Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 2010 21:33:07 +0200
From:      Ed Jobs <oloringr@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: .zshrc

--nextPart10044353.WQX693Z27y

On Tuesday 02 of February 2010 20:41, Polytropon wrote:
> I've taken your .zshrc content and installed zsh, but
> whenever I started it, "echo $SHELL" tells me it is
> /bin/csh... so I'm much more clueless now... :-)
the $SHELL variable does not change when you run a subshell. but the=20
shell is launching. take for example: if you run `sh` under a csh login she=
ll,=20
echo $SHELL reports /bin/csh, even tho you are running sh.

> Furthermore, I think the syntax is wrong. You have to
> use the format
>=20
> 	alias name=3D'command -opt1 -opt2'
correct

> And I think - but that's a wild guess! - that the syntax
> for your export commands should be different, too, such
> as
>=20
> 	HISTFILE=3D~/.zsh_history
> 	HISTSIZE=3D50000
> 	SAVEHIST=3D50000
correct again

=2D-=20
Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard=
=20
to understand.