Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:20:47 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [zfs] attach by name/uuid still attaches wrong device

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 10:38:26AM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting "James R. Van Artsdalen" <james-freebsd-fs2@jrv.org> (from =20
> Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:58:24 -0600):
>=20
> >I don't think it's possible to do this right in vdev_geom.c: there's no
> >way to guess what is intended without a hint from higher ZFS layers as
> >to which drives should be found and which are new.
>=20
> There is a way: do not attach blindly.

The same code was used for 'zpool import' and 'zpool create', so
ignoring guids was needed to make creation work.

Fortunately I found solution today by looking at different part of ZFS.
I can distinguish creation from import by looking at
vd->vdev_spa->spa_load_state. When it is equal to SPA_LOAD_NONE we're
creating a pool and it is not, we're importing.

This should be fixed now, see @205346.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL