Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:16:09 +0100
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/144981: Upgrading FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE to 8.0-STABLE: filesystem is full

On Mar 23, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> The following reply was made to PR misc/144981; it has been noted by =
GNATS.
>=20
> From: "Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net>
> To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
> Cc: =20
> Subject: Re: misc/144981: Upgrading FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE to 8.0-STABLE: =
filesystem is full
> Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:18:16 +0100
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
>> The assumption being that you actually have enough disk space.
>=20
> Excuse my stubbornness, but i want to stress
> that it was the installer of 8-RELEASE which
> decided about the partitioning of the 50 GB
> slice, not me.
> 100 MB more of ad4s1a would have avoided the
> upgrade problem.
>=20
> If this is not considered a flaw in that
> installer, then my report is indeed inappropriate
> and i apologize for the noise.
>=20
>=20
> Have a nice day :)
>=20
> Thomas
>=20

Well, we need to clarify your opinion a bit. The installer does not =
decide anything at all.
You are the one pressing the buttons, but yes you are right, the =
installer advices certain
sizes for a predefined set of partitions. We might argue whether that is =
or is not right, but
given the context of the current ticket; it's not a problem :-)

--=20
/"\   Best regards,                        | remko@FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                      | remko@EFnet
X    http://www.evilcoder.org/    |
/ \   ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | Against HTML Mail and News