Date:      Thu, 6 Oct 2011 19:39:42 -0500
From:      Chuck Burns <break19@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [urtw] Wifi link dying randomly. reboot required to reconnect.

On Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:30:46 PM Gary Palmer wrote:
<snip>
> Actually, that won't be enough.  Sorry if I gave that idea.  If you check
> /etc/rc.d/dumpon then you'll see that if the script succeeds in telling
> the kernel to dump on a given swap partition then it creates the
> symlink in the /dev directory.  I couldn't see any other easy way to
> check if your kernel had been configured to dump to the swap partition or
> not.
>
> Do you have a dumpdev setting in /etc/rc.conf?  Does /etc/fstab list
> /dev/ada0p2 as a swap partition?
>
> Thanks for the configuration info.
>
> Gary

Just added the dumpdev line, here is my rc.conf
# cat /etc/rc.conf
sshd_enable="YES"
wlans_urtw0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
zfs_enable="YES"
hostname="blackbeast.local"
linux_enable="YES"
powerd_enable='YES'
dbus_enable="YES"
hald_enable="YES"
avahi_daemon_enable="YES"
avahi_dnsconfd_enable="YES"
mdnsd_enable="YES"
kdm4_enable="YES"
local_startup="/usr/local/kde4/etc/rc.d /usr/local/etc/rc.d"
devfs_system_ruleset="system"
quasselcore_enable="YES"
font8x8="iso-8x8"
allscreens_flags="VGA_80x60"
dumpdev="/dev/ada0p2"

and here is my fstab (I disabled geli several reboots/crashes ago, thinking
that may be what was preventing the crash dumps, as well as changed the swap
line to point directly to the partition, rather than the gpt label)

# cat /etc/fstab
/dev/ada0p2 none swap sw 0 0
#/dev/gpt/swap0.eli none swap sw 0 0
proc /proc procfs rw 0 0
linproc /compat/linux/proc linprocfs rw,late 0 0