Date:      Fri, 25 May 2012 21:25:43 +0200
From:      Joerg Pulz <Joerg.Pulz@frm2.tum.de>
To:        Wesley Shields <wxs@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, eadler@freebsd.org, Robert Simmons <rsimmons0@gmail.com>, bug-followup@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/168214: Heimdal 1.5.2 problem
References:  <CA%2BQLa9Bs1VSBoMW0cHvSSeET=9X7F--33iv=860FzKv%2BHYuqNg@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2BQLa9CeMN9=FF_BuKNeADuVkK5Hs74_MxsB97_zKRkT9hkDug@mail.gmail.com> <20120522125710.GB18115@atarininja.org> <CA%2BQLa9CBOw4HywRELLB8%2BCE%2Bc7t572bXdJhPi40smQxzT1LC4Q@mail.gmail.com> <20120522211434.GA5483@atarininja.org> <CA%2BQLa9DEpcPMDwnj204d_AsMUiz_=Vu75o_PViJe8H=yCp68Ew@mail.gmail.com> <20120525003844.GA24924@atarininja.org> <CA%2BQLa9DT8njo48Zh9TRimxTTXXkCZsK0D67ZsEtHk4XOUBQP9g@mail.gmail.com> <20120525165617.GB24924@atarininja.org> <CA%2BQLa9B5q=9Hmac7mnRiDPfsApL4KzBVwVh%2Bh0OcbtC735DCJw@mail.gmail.com> <20120525183913.GC24924@atarininja.org>

<wxs@freebsd.org> wrote:
> [...]
I will
Heimdal,
Heimdal
>>>=20
>>> There is no need to bump PORTREVISION because the option which you =
are
>>> changing is off by default so there's no need to force a rebuild of =
it
>>> on the package cluster since your changes are going to have no =
effect
>>> there.
>>>=20
>>> For those that have the option to on, it hasn't built properly for =
them
>>> yet so bumping is going to have no effect either.
>>=20
>> I understand what you're saying.  However, my change would actually
>> change the package cluster.  Because those packages were built with
>> "--without-berkeley-db" rather than "--with-berkeley-db=3Dno" the old
>> packages were built with broken BDB support by accident.  By fixing
>> this, the default package is actually going to be different than the
>> one built before this change.  I would recommend bumping PORTREVISION
>> because of this.
>=20
> That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I will be awaiting
> maintainer approval or timeout then.

Hi,

please go ahead and commit and close ports/168214 using the last version =
of the patch and please bump PORTREVISION.
Sorry for this, i didn't noticed the configure arg change for building =
without berkeley-db.

Kind regards and thanks
Joerg=