Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2014 11:19:50 +0100
From:      "Christopher J. Ruwe" <cjr@cruwe.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: security/krb5 segfaulting on ARMv6/STABLE-10 Raspberry

On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 19:50:24 +0100
"Christopher J. Ruwe" <cjr@cruwe.de> wrote:

> Yesterday I ran into problems with self-compiled security/krb5 on
> ARMv6/10-STABLE Raspberry Pi.
>
> % uname -a
> FreeBSD armbld.hb22.cruwe.de 10.0-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-PRERELEASE
> #0 r260786+cc2516d(stable/10): Fri Jan 17 20:08:46 CET 2014
> root@dijkstra.cruwe.de:/usr/home/cjr/media/src/crochet-freebsd/work/obj/arm.arm/usr/home/cjr/media/src/freebsd-git/sys/RPI-B
> arm
>
> security/krb5 is segfaulting when kinit tries to connect to retrieve a
> ticket. Extensive information is on
> http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2014-February/019501.html
>
> The exact same configuration runs fine on amd64/9-STABLE
>
> [cjr@dijkstra:src/freebsd-doc]$ uname -a           (02-11 19:28)
> FreeBSD dijkstra-old.hb22.cruwe.de 9.2-STABLE FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE #0
> 05d5e4d: Tue Jan  7 09:09:19 CET 2014
> cjr@dijkstra.cruwe.de:/usr/obj/usr/home/cjr/media/src/freebsd-git/sys/GEN_WDTRACE
> amd64
>
> I suspect erronous compilation, but compiling thrice did not yield
> different results.
>
> 1) Does somebody successfully run security/krb5-1.12.1 on a
> Raspberry?
>
> 2) If true, could I have the instuctions to build or download your
> image and your make.conf-settings to enable me to reproduce your
> build?
>
> Thanks and cheers,

Yesterday, I rebuilt on a clean Raspberry using
FreeBSD-10.0-STABLE-arm-armv6-RPI-B-20140209-r261642.img from
snapshots. Same result.

I also tested security/krb5-maint. Same result.

Currently, I am building the MIT-Kerberos ports in a chroot on
10-STABLE i386 machine to check if something breaks on the Raspberries -
admittedly, Raspberries are not exactly what you would use to compile
packages for redistribution, even if it would offer possibilities for
a smile when thinking of a massive Raspberry-cluster ...

I am hesitant to file a PR to request security/krb5 be marked broken on
ARM as other Raspberry distros (ArchLinux e.g) have krb5 in their
prebuilts and I did not find any mention of problems.

Cheers,
--
Christopher
TZ:         GMT + 1h

FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE #1 r256184: Thu Oct 10 19:12:54 CEST 2013
cjr@dijkstra.cruwe.de:/usr/obj/usr/home/cjr/media/src/freebsd/base/stable/9/sys/GEN_WDTRACE

Punctuation matters:
"Lets eat Grandma." or "Lets eat, Grandma." - Punctuation saves lives.
"A panda eats shoots and leaves." or "A panda eats, shoots, and
leaves." - Punctuation teaches proper biology.

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead." (RFC 1925)