Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 2015 01:32:08 +0000
From:      opendaddy@hushmail.com
To:        "Roland Smith" <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Limiting CPU on some processes on web server

Hi,

On 11. mars 2015 at 7:37 PM, "Roland Smith" <rsmith@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>*How* does the web app actually start those programs?

Unfortunately I'm getting the same 100% if I run ImageMagick / ffmpeg separately.

>Have you verified with `ps -l` (or `ps -xal`) that the ffmeg and
>convert processes are actually running at a lower priority?

No, but isn't this whole nice thing a dead end? Often times when ImageMagick / ffmpeg run there are no competing processes (ie. no visitors). But then if a visitor appears while ImageMagick / ffmpeg is running, it is already too late.

>Run you web app stack with a higher priority.

I'll look into it.

A lot of great advice here, thanks a lot!

O.D.