Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 2015 19:19:27 -0700
From:      Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: distfiles cleaner

On 10/19/2015 16:41, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Bryan Drewery wrote
>> I could go on, but really I think both are pretty bad compared to using
>> Poudriere, which also has a 'distclean' sub-command.
> OK, Thanks for all detail.  I would have run a poudriere to compare
> with the previous 3, but I've just removed my last copy of my 58
> Gig. But I note: one more reason to learn poudriere :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Julian

Just to add to the portmaster V portupgrade ... I recall fondly the
MOVED portmanager.  (binary code).  It had an initial check-dependency
run one could cntl-c out of and have onscreen to update just a few
ports...  and fixed ports often where the others failed for some
reason.

[I tried coding some local variances to portmaster here, but got
lost in the code...]

I read about poudriere daily almost on the ports list, and wish [1] that
before
I use it someone (if ever, not likely  to use it as of now,  not enough
machines) puts together a flowchart of its use cases, edge cases, etc
large enough to preclude reading forum threads or mailing lists...

[1] not for my benefit, but something I could write about in emails...