Date:      Mon, 7 Nov 2016 22:12:59 +0100
From:      Matthieu Volat <mazhe@alkumuna.eu>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: clang support for compiler:openmp

--Sig_/0AIaAAemu.bYUXhulg39VN=

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 16:59:36 +0000
Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 08:36:22AM +0100, Marcus von Appen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > is there a specific reason, why we do not (yet) have openmp support for
> > clang via compiler:openmp? With devel/openmp in the ports tree, I'd
> > expect compiler:openmp to set
> >=20
> > LIB_DEPENDS+=3D   libomp.so:devel/openmp
> >=20
> > for compiler=3Dclang. CFLAGS and LIBS/LDFLAGS might be tweaked on a
> > per-port level.
>=20
> I talked with Baptiste about this in Belgrade.  I think the best way
> forward would be to remove the OPENMP option from the llvm ports and
> alter the clang-patch-fopenmp.diff patch to use the .so from
> devel/openmp.
>=20
> I have a major deadline at the end of the week so it definitely won't
> happen this week.
>=20

Would not that make that every clang use the llvm 3.8 libomp snapshot? It m=
ight be useful to use later versions in some cases, but anyway, that would =
be great!

It would also be awesome if base clang would be able to find omp.h and libo=
mp more "out of the box" once the package is installed...

-- Mazhe