Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2019 00:32:36 +0530
From:      Mihir Luthra <luthramihir708@gmail.com>
To:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@allbsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, hrs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rpc.statd already ipv6 clean?

>  I think the project page has wrong information regarding rpc.statd.
>  Although it is not clean from the viewpoint of transport independent,
>  it works with IPv6.

I see, in file.c/procs.c , clnt_create() calls are hardcoded to "udp". Code
in `statd.c` is handled correctly for tcp/udp/tcp6/udp6? .Did I get your
point correctly?
Also, going through man page of clnt_create, it states usage for only
tcp/udp and not udp6/tcp6.

>  There are more userland utilities which do not support IPv6---rwhod,
>  yp*, etc.
>
> Thank you for the tip. I am a bit stuck with rpc.statd so it would be a
good idea to work on them until then.

Kind Regards,
Mihir