Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 2020 22:35:14 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Rene Ladan <rene@freebsd.org>
Cc:        =?UTF-8?Q?Ulrich_Sp=C3=B6rlein?= <uqs@freebsd.org>, git@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports 2020Q3 branch not present?

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 2:58 PM Rene Ladan <rene@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hmm, so currently the quarterly (and older releng) branches are directly
> under
> the "remotes" origin, just like master itself. This makes switching between
> branches easy, which comes in handy for MFHs I think.

They are just like the stable branches in the src tree (or somewhat
similar), so I think they should be the same, and pulled by default. While
they are quarterly, the traffic on them is smaller than a typical stable
branch in src, so it's not a huge amount of extra revisions.

The only way to find the size is to pull with and without them and observe
the difference.

Warner