Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2021 11:02:28 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?S=C3=B8ren_Schmidt?= <soren.schmidt@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PinebookPro misc drivers..

On 10 Mar 2021, at 16.01, Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> wrote:
>=20
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 15:29:21 +0100
> S=C3=B8ren Schmidt <soren.schmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
>> Hi
>>=20
>> I?ve uploaded the latest from my PinebookPro collection here:
>> https://people.freebsd.org/~sos/PinebookPro/ =
<https://people.freebsd.org/~sos/PinebookPro/>;
>>=20
>> Comment,, bugs, etc welcome?
>=20
> Few comments,
>=20
> - Could you at least share patches generated with git diff ?

No git here, but added patches to the one file (rk_gpio.c) that isn=E2=80=99=
t new :)

> - rk_gpiokeys.c doesn't seems correct, we already have
> sys/dev/gpio/gpiokeys.c so patch this one if it isn't enough for lid
> switch need.

Well, the stock drivers handling of this is, well, less than optimal and =
the lid support is pretty unique to the pbp so I decided to go this way =
as to not =E2=80=9Cpollute=E2=80=9D the original.

> I could comment more if I would be able to diff more easily.

As stated above there is now a patch for you for rk_gpio.c the rest has =
nothing to diff against.

BTW I added support for writing an updated u-boot-2021.01 to the SPI =
flash on the pbp (also works for rockpro64), so one can boot from eMMC, =
SDcard, USB and NVMe with kbd/mouse support and screen output from the =
first u-boot output.

BTW2: the pinebookpro dock from pine64 seems to have an issue, if you =
turn the USB-C connector =E2=80=9Cwrong=E2=80=9D you will lose alt the =
USB3 device in it. Simply turn the plug 180 degrees and everything =
works.

--
S=C3=B8ren Schmidt
sos@deepcore.dk / sos@freebsd.org