Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2022 09:55:57 -0600
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@sohara.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 13.0 Coming to An End... Already?

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 6:58 AM Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2022 19:29:52 -0500
> Derek Schrock <dereks@lifeofadishwasher.com> wrote:
>
> > 1651276800 should be the EOL date for 13.0-6 from the latest.ssl
>
>         That is the 30th April which became less than 90 days in the future
> a few days ago. Chances are the real EOL will be later because there's no
> sign of 13.1 release starting yet.

Correct. The freebsd-update metadata includes the EoL, so it's
initially populated with the projected EoL and gets adjusted when the
next release's schedule is released. I'm trying to see if we can
instead initially populate it with the branch EoL and adjust it to be
closer once the new schedule is released -- in theory, nobody uses
this for other reasons and they just won't notice as long as we get it
set right closer to EoL.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans