Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2023 14:38:58 -0400
From:      George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, gjb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lacking "arminess" (was Re: New FreeBSD snapshots available) (OFF TOPIC)

On 8/11/23 23:15, Glen Barber wrote:
> [...]
> It was discovered that due to human error (my own) the arm64 are, as
> Colin put it very politely, are "lacking 'arminess'".  So, unfortunately
> the arm64 AMIs for 14.0-ALPHA1 are incorrectly uploaded as amd64.
> [...]
Many years ago, one member of M.I.T.'s Tech Model Railroad Club had the
annoying habit of assembling his model airplanes in the clubroom.  Soon,
the club enacted a rule banning all objects capable of sustained flight
from the club for a period o ninety-nine years and one day.  Thereafter,
it became established procedure for the club to issue reprimands by
declaring certain people "capable of sustained flight."

I now propose to express my displeasure with aspects of FreeBSD (which
almost never happens, honestly!) by declaring them to "lack arminess."

My thanks to Glen Barber and Colin for creating this terminology.
-- George