Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 2004 14:23:14 -0500
From:      "Justin Baugh, KSC" <baughj@discordians.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: Pernicious problem with vfork / qmail / qmail-scanner (RESOLVED)

> Happen to catch this, this morning... Good dig on this..
>
> Tcpserver *defaults* to a maximum of 40 simultaneous connections, so
> this could very well be where your problem is.. Sorry, should have
> thought of this earlier.
>
> You can raise this limit with the -c n (n=number) option..
>
> Please see
>
> <http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp/tcpserver.html>;

Nope, I'm aware of that limit, and -c was set to 120. The problem
would arise with any number for n...no matter what, it would still get
caught up at 40 connections.

The fact that I couldn't replicate the problem with the exact same setup
under 5.2.1R makes me think it's something related to the version that
came with the machine.

Thanks,

-Justin