Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:43:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Jeremy Vandenhouten <jeremy.vandenhouten@marquette.edu>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: K7V problem?

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Jeremy Vandenhouten wrote:

:I've also seen the lockup problem when you have boot-virus protection
:enabled in the bios... Whenever you install a new OS make sure this is
:disabled...

It is disabled.  I'm not a newbie here, I've been running FBSD since 1.1.
This is the first time I've seen this behaviour though.  I do think it's
hardware since win98's bootable cd suffers from the exact same problem as
FreeBSD.  The problem is everything works in NT and 98 (installed 98 using
floppy), so dealing with Asus is likely to get me an answer of 'We don't
support FreeBSD.'  I have no doubt others are using this board without
problems in FreeBSD.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"