Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:11:15 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
To:        Karl Triebes <karl.triebes@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MT USB when?

* Karl Triebes <karl.triebes@gmail.com> [070922 11:11] wrote:
> There's been a lot of talk about making USB multi-threaded. I know
> Hans has been at it for quite some time now. Do you know when it'll
> see daylight?

There are various issues with the locking strategy that Hans has
come up with, the code is lacking in documentation and has Hans
not been receptive to review feedback from any FreeBSD developer.

Currently there is a review initiative in place, at this time it
has just begun.  The best I can say is that it really is up to Hans
to decide if he wants to incorporate the reviews he has asked for
(which will lead to his stack's incorporation into FreeBSD), or if
he wants his alternative stack to stay separate.

The reviews have all been done, but since none of them have been
acted on, it's really a matter of Hans picking up the ball and
running with it.  As you could say, the ball is in his court.

--
- Alfred Perlstein