Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 1995 23:31:33 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        ports@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: OK, the fake-pkg stuff should work..

 * 1. Get the -current copy of pkg_install and install all the utils.
 * 2. Get the -current copy of bsd.port.mk and install that.

Thanks, I did it on thud.

 * If you go into any of the ports and install them, they should be
 * registered properly as "pkg_added", with all their COMMENT, REQ,
 * PLIST, etc files installed as if they'd been actually fed to pkg_add
 * as packages.  This means, of course, that you can also use pkg_manage
 * (which is looking pretty spiff in -current too!) to delete things you
 * installed as ports.

Cool!  So you did it using pkg_create (that's how I was trying to do
it initially, as I told you (^o^)).  It's great that we got this into
the 2.0.[567]! :)

 * Enjoy, and let me know if you experience any problems.

Sure.  Thanks again!

Satoshi