Date:      Thu, 4 May 2023 19:12:21 +0100
From:      Johannes Totz <jo@bruelltuete.com>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Run scripts from rc.suspend

On 04/05/2023 16:59, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> 04.05.2023 21:37, Johannes Totz wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> /etc/rc.resume can run rc-scripts with the resume keyword.
>> /etc/rc.suspend does not have a similar feature.
>> Is there a good reason why not? Or is it just a case of nobody-asked-for-it-yet?
>
> The latter.

Quick hack: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D39965
Works as intended.

I would use this as follows: I'm done for the day, press sleep button on
my workstation. A new rc.suspend-script runs and sets a wake up time for
the next morning. Then the next day the machine wakes up again, runs its
cron jobs or whatever and is ready when I'm ready.