Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:17:20 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
Cc:        rwhitesel@xyplex.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ucd-snmp-3.1.3 patch

> At 10:56 AM 4/25/97 PDT, Whitesel, Rick wrote:
> >
> >Hi:
> >   I am enclosing the full replacement patch file for the file
> >extensible.c. The file was missing an include of vm/vm_param.h. It
> >appears that this file is no longer automatically included in the
> >kernel.h(?) file. The file extensible.c is normally found in the
> >following directory:
>
> Hi,
> 	I applied the patch and the port builds just fine, but when running
> snmpwalk, I still get
> snmpwalk in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
> snmpwalk in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
> snmpwalk in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
>
> after each get it does... Any ideas ?

I have fixed that and made it work on FreeBSD-current also. I have send the
patches to the maintainer, but he has been very busy the last few weeks, so
it isn't part of the port yet. Here is a patch to fix that.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za

*** snmplib/snmp_client.c.orig	Mon Jan 20 17:43:23 1997
--- snmplib/snmp_client.c	Sun Mar 30 22:13:15 1997
***************
*** 159,164 ****
--- 159,168 ----
  	/* clone the pdu */
  	state->pdu = newpdu = (struct snmp_pdu *)malloc(sizeof(struct snmp_pdu));
  	memmove(newpdu, pdu, sizeof(struct snmp_pdu));
+ 	if (pdu->community_len != 0){
+ 	    newpdu->community = malloc(pdu->community_len);
+ 	    memmove(newpdu->community, pdu->community, pdu->community_len);
+ 	}
  	newpdu->variables = 0;
  	var = pdu->variables;
  	if (var != NULL){